Madeira, Portugal - This Atlantic Ocean Island just may be a travellers’ dream oasis.
- Hiking: Stupendously steep mountains with well-maintained trails winding through spiny ridges;
- Views: Rocky bluffs and clear Atlantic waters;
- Seaside towns: Red tiled roofs and pastel houses hang off sheer cliffs overlooking the sea;
- Sights: Museums, churches, wine-tasting, and child-friendly attractions scatter the island;
- Foodies: Aged sweet wine alongside ocean-fresh seafood and a hit of coffee; and
- Accommodation: Apartment style, boutique hotel or resort styles as you wish.
Portugal’s Madeira just might be the answer to your next vacation destination, no matter what your interest. The Visit Madeira website provides loads of info to help in your trip planning. For more click on the button below.
More undiscovered destinations in the books, Dust in My Pack and Searching for Unique, both available at online booksellers.
Nancy O'Hare has lived and worked across five continents and travelled to over eighty countries. Her writing shares insights from her travels and musings about the world around us.