This Atlantic Ocean Island just may be a travellers’ dream oasis.
- Hiking: Stupendously steep mountains with well-maintained trails winding through spiny ridges;
- Views: Rocky bluffs and clear Atlantic waters;
- Seaside towns: Red tiled roofs and pastel houses hang off sheer cliffs overlooking the sea;
- Sights: Museums, churches, wine-tasting, and child-friendly attractions scatter the island;
- Foodies: Aged sweet wine alongside ocean-fresh seafood and a hit of coffee; and
- Accommodation: Apartment style, boutique hotel or resort styles as you wish.
Portugal’s Madeira just might be the answer to your next vacation destination, no matter what your interest. The Visit Madeira website provides loads of info to help in your trip planning. For more click on the button below.
More undiscovered destinations in the book, Dust in My Pack, available at most online booksellers.
Explorer of all seven continents on a quest to find the essence of lesser-visited destinations.